A practical course, which will enable participants to encourage members of their team to work
co-operatively with others within their own team and with other departments to optimise their collective contribution. The course covers aspects of team dynamics, leadership and group problem solving.
Who Should Attend
Managers, supervisors and leaders at all levels in the organisation would benefit from this management training course. The course will also be relevant for team members who aspire to a position of responsibility for leading a team in the future.
After attending this course, participants will have the ability to:
- Ensure members of the team understand the team goals or objectives
- Identify and utilise individual strengths
- Ensure effective communication between team members
- Encourage challenges and input from team members
- Develop mutual trust between team members
- Involve team members in decision-making
- Manage team lifecycles proactively
- Recognise and deal with conflict within the team
- Provide team members with constructive feedback.
The Power Of A Team
Why work in teams?
What are the characteristics of teams?
The Team Climate
Dealing with conflict
Do you work in a high performing team?
Recruiting on attitude not experience
How to value and maximise each person’s unique contribution
Choosing a team on roles not functions
Managing team lifecycles
How much freedom and self-management to allow
Do you have team management style?
Coaching and mentoring
The creative power of a group
Finding win/win solutions
Personal Development Plan
Developing an individual action plan for implementation back in the workplace