Selling through others, such as distributors, agents or retailers requires additional skills to selling direct. We must create the right environment and support for the intermediary to sell. This course allows participants to develop their action plan and skills.
Selling through other people is particularly challenging. The ‘other people’ may be distributors, dealers, sales channels or other sales forces in your own organisation. Many people who are good at selling direct to prospects fail when selling via other people. We need an action plan which ‘sells’ to the indirect sales force and then helps the indirect sales force to sell.
Unlike a direct salesforce, problems with an indirect salesforce result in reduced sales. We need special skills to handle such situations.
This stimulating and practical course provides the key skills and strategies needed and helps participants to develop their personal action plans.
Who Should Attend
All new and experienced salespeople who must sell through an indirect salesforce.
1 Day Course
Indirect Selling – Course Objectives
Participants will learn:
- challenges and evolution of development
- develop the first part of the action plan by reviewing potential content and discussion of priorities
- develop the second part of the action plan by the same process of discussing potential content
- the key aspects of review
- the areas of skill development – particular attention will be paid to handling some of the more difficult situations.
Indirect Selling – Course Outline
The Challenges Of Selling Through Others
The supply chain
Stages of Intermediary Salesforce Development
Action Plan – Part 1 – Basic Plan
The first sale
Brainstorming, Action Plan Development
Action Plan – Part 2 – Building Business
Establish the right range of relationships
Action Plan Development
The Review Process
Key skill range
– Difficult situations
– Enabling behaviours