This management training course will enable participants to practice and learn the basic principles of positive negotiation for all contexts. The course is a blend of presentations, self-analysis, exercises and group discussion.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for those who are new to negotiation or who want to refresh their skills and review their overall effectiveness when in negotiating situations.
After attending this course, participants will have the ability to:
- Negotiate successfully whilst maintaining good working relationships
- Understand the basic principles of “win/win” negotiation
- Develop a more assertive negotiation style
- Understand their own attitude towards handling conflict
- Learn and practise a structured approach to negotiation
- Learn how to handle objections
- Generally improve their inter-personal communication skills
- Identify areas for personal improvement.
The Principles Of Negotiation
The five styles of negotiation
Collaborating not competing
A Structured Approach To Negotiation
Planning the process
The 3 agendas
The Skills Of Negotiating
Developing assertive strategies
Negotiating on price
Closing the deal
Dealing with breakdown
Putting It All Into Practice
Individual role play
Group role play
Personal Development Plan
Developing an individual action plan for implementation back in the workplace.
To discuss how this management training course could help you learn the basic principles of positive negotiation or to talk through your requirements, including tailoring this course to suit your exact needs, please contact: