Here are ten indicators of high performance sales management.
- Extensive coaching delivered through a structured framework
- Rolling performance improvement plans with 90 day reviews
- Conducting frequent, documented joint field visits
- Interactions that force discussion around the customers’ strategic intent and contextual market/customer development
- Encouraging focus around potential customer spend rather than actual customer spend
- Capturing and disseminating best practice across the sales organisation
- Extensively using role play (what sports people call practicing!) to develop sales mastery
- Evaluating and rewarding managers for their people development achievements, as much as for their performance
- Recognising/Rewarding exceptional performance and value adding behaviours
- Not tolerating poor performance or the wrong behaviours, period.
How does your organisation measure up?