With selling very much on the agenda , customers are increasingly looking to buy great value. When you’re up against stiff competition, making sure you’ve got a compelling business case for your offer can make the difference between making the sale and missing out. We’ve developed this in-house course to help your salespeople make the most of every selling opportunity.
This workshop has been developed for managers who have commercial responsibility and need a better grasp of the key business issues that must be addressed in a business case. It is a very practical course that will be immediately applicable in your business.
What You Will Learn
- The key questions and areas you should be addressing
- Analysing and utilising information within your reporting pack
- Developing a business case that focuses on ‘fact based selling’
- Linking your ‘story’ to key corporate strategies
OPERATIONAL & CAPITAL INVESTMENT
- The principles of investment appraisal
- The key ROI methodologies used
- Quantification of benefits (hard, soft & intangible)
- Best, worst & likely cases – Sensitivity analysis
- Case study
BUSINESS CASE STRUCTURE
- The effective and high impact questions you need to ask to prepare your business case
- Business case structures & templates
- The key areas you must focus on: costs, margins & sales volumes
- The consequences of not getting your business case approved
- Translating business issues into business solutions
PRESENTATION IS KEY
- Presentations that have focus & impact
- Focusing on the requirements of your audience
- Identifying & delivering key messages with clarity & consistency
- The opportunity to present your business case to an audience of senior managers – and receive constructive feedback on whether it was compelling!