Is there a difference between being a salesperson and being an account manager? We think so. Account managers:
- Must be multi-skilled salespeople
- Should strive for continuous improvement.
- Need to know as much about the customer’s business as they do.
- Be aware of external issues affecting themselves and their customers.
- Project themselves as influential leaders with insightful views.
- Be familiar with use and capability of IT systems.
- Agree, maintain and review service performance measures.
- Continually connect with management in the client organisation
For more information on how to be a successful account manager is today’s competitive market why not attend Structured Training’s Selling…The Essentials for Key Account Development. For more information please contact us.