Creativity gets a bad name because creative thinkers tend to provide good ideas on all problems except the ones they have actually been asked to think about. This happens for two reasons:
- The idea that simply messing about will hopefully produce a new idea
- Focus is insufficiently emphasised
Focus Is One Of Three Disciplines
- Discipline of focus: being very clear as to what you are thinking about
- Discipline of technique: knowing exactly what you are trying to do at any one moment
- Discipline of time: setting time guidelines
It’s time to get focused.